REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties provides services to children in foster care. Our mission is to train and supervise community volunteers, appointed by the Family Court, to advocate for the best interest of children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative and Development Assistant provides office management and support of fund development events. This position works closely with the Development Director and handles confidential information, requiring good judgment, attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks accurate and in a timely manner.
- Provide support for events and other outreach activities, assisting with e-blasts, printed materials including program books, on-site event set-up, and other related activities.
- Help coordinate community volunteer events.
- Accurately maintain donor and other databases and email lists.
- Send donor acknowledgement letters.
- Keep website content current.
- Receive visitors
- Answer and direct phone calls and other inquiries to the appropriate resource.
- Manage office mail and ensure adequate postage is on hand; support office bulk mailings if/as needed.
- Order and maintain office supplies, business cards, stationery, and meeting refreshment inventories.
- Maintain office equipment, telephones, printers, copiers, laptops.
- This is a part time position, with approximately 25 hours per week; Preferably Monday-Friday, 10am – 3pm, but flexible hours are possible
- Rate of Pay: $20 per hour
- Health benefits are not provided, but paid holiday and accrued sick and vacation time is.
- Education: High School or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to complete work effectively and in a timely manner; organize time efficiently; be adept at problem-solving; be detail oriented; and possess sound judgment and discretion when handling confidential information.
- The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check
- Presentation of professional demeanor and appearance in all formal and informal contacts with constituents.
- Be a team player and work effectively with a broad range of constituents of the organization.
- Commitment to CASA of Mercer County’s goals and mission.
Location: CASA’s office is located in Ewing, New Jersey.
To Apply – please send an email and/or letter of interest to: Executive Director at email@example.com. NO CALLS please. Application Deadline is November 29, 2019.