Amarillo Case Study
The Questioner’s List
Questions to consider periodically:
- Where else could we get information that would be useful?
- What are the barriers to reunification?
- Have we checked all relatives?
Questions to consider before finalizing court recommendations:
- Are our court recommendations child focused?
- Have we covered every need of the child(ren) in this case?
- Did we appropriately consider the minimum sufficient level of care (MSL) standard in forming our recommendations for this case?
- Do our recommendations ask for what is appropriate, whether or not it is readily available?
- Is our work clear, diplomatic and non-judgmental?
Child: Maria Amarillo – 1st contact
Child: Maria Amarillo – 2nd contact
DCP&P Caseworker: Alberta Gillis
Kinship Relatives: Pedro & Anna Valdez
Maternal Aunt: Consuela Amarillo
Medical History: Maria Amarillo
Resource Parents: Stanley & Karen Becker
School Guidance Counselor: Julia Mansfield