On this page you will find the required pre-chapter activities for each chapter of Interval Training, along with a PDF version of the Volunteer Manual and a PDF version of the Volunteer Curriculum with links to additional activities.
You can contact the Training team anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful Information for Online Training
- Please log in to class on time. If you are late, it is your responsibility to communicate with the trainers and secure any information you may have missed.
- We will take a break during class, but please feel free to step away briefly if you need to.
- While there will be times we will have you on Mute, please try to participate in a quiet place for those times you are unmuted.
- Even though you are not in a classroom, it’s vital that you focus on the trainers, content, and your fellow trainees. Avoid your cell phone or other distractions.
- We highly recommend checking your casamercer email on a regular basis to ensure you receive any important information during your time in training (and afterward), and so you receive your Zoom invitation for each training class.
- During this time, court hearings are being held virtually. The court observation requirement must be complete before swearing in or on the day of your swearing in.
Volunteer Manual – this is the Manual we will be utilizing for the training. It has all of the activities we will be doing during class, plus some others we will not be doing. You will want to download and save this to your computer.
The following is the Volunteer curriculum with quick links.
You will be using this for the Pre-work that is required. It opens as a PDF, but there are links in there to videos you will need to watch prior to each class they correspond to. Additionally, all of the Pre-Chapter handouts are there. They are also below.
Pre-Chapter Handouts and Activities – Pre Chapter work MUST be completed prior to that day of class.
Introductions and Expectations
Components of the Volunteers Role and Developing Competencies
Parameters of the Volunteer Relationship
Child Welfare Laws
Child Welfare System
- Order of Appointment – rev for PCs
- Structure of a Family Division Docket and explanations
- NJ Courts at a glance
- Mercer Order of Appointment
- Mercer Court Order to show advocates
- Court order to show advocates
- CIC timeline
- Burlington Court Order to show advocates
- Burl Co Court Report Template&Explanation
- Checklist for Editing the Court Report
- Court Report Quick Reference
- Mercer County Court Report Template&Explanation
- Tips for Writing Reports 1_2_20
How Children Develop
Children’s Needs and Attachment
Minimum Sufficient Level of Care and Best Interest Principle
Child Abuse and Neglect
Family Strengths and Weaknesses
Advocating for Older Youth
Advocating for LGBTQ Youth
The Redd Case