Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager helps to ensure the success of
CASA’s fund development efforts. This position works closely with CASA’s strong and active
Fund Development Committee, and is responsible for Events and Grant Writing, and supports
Donor Cultivation and Individual Giving efforts.
Key Position Functions:
- Events: Plan and implement all aspects of CASA’s annual events, which are strongly
supported by an active and engaged Development Committee.
- Grant Writing: Manage CASA’s grant writing and reporting for private and public grants
and contracts. This will include research on prospective funders and relationship building
with existing funders.
- Donor Support: Create and send newsletters and other forms of communications,
including CASA’s annual appeal, to current and prospective donors. Create donor-
specific solicitation materials, such as annual report, to tell CASA’s story to a variety of
- Social Media and Outreach: Create and implement social media plan to raise the profile
of the organization among current and prospective donors.
- Database Management: Ensure that CASA’s donor database is up to date and accurate
and that donor gifts are acknowledged on a timely basis. CASA’s Administrative
Assistant provides clerical support to these efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum four years development management experience, to include Events and grant
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Experience with donor database management, e-newsletters and online appeals
Must have excellent communications skills, a high level of professionalism and attention to detail
Volunteer management experience a plus
Deadline to apply: August 20, 2019 with an anticipated start date of September 23, 2019.
Send resume and related materials to: LWall@casamercer.org