- Statement Regarding Separation of Children and Parents During the Immigration Process June 21, 2018 - For nearly 40 years the National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association (National CASA) has advocated for the best interests of children who have experienced abuse or neglect. One of our guiding principles is that children are better off when they remain with their families of origin if safely possible. We also know the long-term effects of trauma that children experience when they are separated from their parents, which are most often detrimental to their well-being and can have long-term negative ... Read more
- Church & Dwight Employees Volunteer Day June 4, 2018 - CASA welcomed 15 employees from Church & Dwight in Princeton for a fun afternoon of volunteering to brighten the lives of children in the foster care system. The Church & Dwight volunteers chose CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties during a “week of service” to help kids in the local community who are in need of essential items and services. The enthusiastic volunteers who are chemists or technicians by profession, divided into small teams to create a dozen ... Read more
- Appreciating CASA’s Compassionate and Dedicated Volunteers May 15, 2018 - More than 60 volunteers, staff, family court judges and board members attended the 2018 Burlington County CASA Appreciation Awards dinner at Casamari in Burlington, NJ on May 15. CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties is celebrating the volunteers with years of service pins and certificates. This year a special service award was established in memory of Eileen Fralinger, a dedicated CASA volunteer who passed away in November 2017. Eileen’s daughter Erin Fralinger and sister, Lorraine Reilly accepted the ... Read more
- Voice of Business Awards Reception and Ceremony April 30, 2018 - CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington County was the 2018 recipient of the Community Enrichment Award at the Voice of Business Awards Reception and Ceremony on April 30 at the Merion in Cinnaminson, NJ. This award recognizes a non-profit organization or agency that makes Burlington County a better place by making a positive impact on the lives of Burlington County residents. The recipient demonstrates specific examples of its far-reaching commitment to the community. Katherine Carmichael, Executive Director, CASA for ... Read more
- Pinwheels for a Purpose April 18, 2018 - CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties planted pinwheel gardens this spring to highlight the children in out-of-home placement who have a CASA volunteer speaking up in their best interests. The pinwheel gardens are part of a national movement to highlight the thousands of children across the Nation who are in foster care at any given time.
- 2018 Mercer County Advocate Appreciation Awards April 9, 2018 - More than 50 volunteers, staff, family court judges and board members attended the 2018 Mercer County Advocate Appreciation Awards dinner on April 9 at Mercer Oaks Clubhouse in Hamilton Township on April 9. CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties is celebrating the volunteers with years of service pins and certificates. The awards dinner was a wonderful evening to recognize the tireless work of volunteers who are the consistent adult in children’s lives while in out-of-home placement. The evening ... Read more
- Child Sexual Abuse Awareness and Prevention with Sasha Joseph Neulinger April 4, 2018 - Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties hosted a public presentation with Sasha Joseph Neulinger, actor, filmmaker and survivor of child sexual abuse at The College of New Jersey in Ewing. Sasha is a national advocate for reforms in child abuse and child abuse prevention. The statistics are alarming: one out of four girls and one of out of six boys are sexually abused before they are 18 years old. Sasha Joseph Neulinger shared his ... Read more
- Get to Know CASA and Meet Guillermo February 8, 2018 - CASA, court appointed special advocates, is a group of community volunteers who have been appointed by the family court and have undergone training. These volunteers all have a similar interest of advocating for abused and neglected children that have been removed from their homes. The Family Court Judges delegate each child to a CASA volunteer where they then aim to maintain their emotional, physical, and educational well-being by monitoring where they are placed. Volunteers stay with each case until it is closed ... Read more
- SAVE THE DATE: CASA Plans Red Shoe Gala to Help Foster Kids in Mercer & Burlington Counties January 3, 2018 - On Saturday evening, March 24, 2018, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties will host our 17th Anniversary Red Shoe Gala to benefit our program serving over 350 children in out-of-home placement in our combined counties. Our gala in at Cobblestone Creek Country Club in Lawrenceville features a cocktail hour, silent and live auction, dinner and some fabulous musical entertainment. Last year’s gala was a huge success and we intend to make this year’s event even ... Read more
- CASA Receives Grant From the Employee Giving Fund of Church & Dwight November 3, 2017 - Terri Cardulla presented CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties with a generous grant from the Employee Giving Fund at Church and Dwight of Ewing, NJ at the organization's fall fundraiser in Moorestown, NJ on November 3, 2017. L-R: Alison Lorenz, CASA Volunteer; Roseann Vanella, CASA Board President; Terri Cardulla, Category and Shopper Insights Manager; Katherine Carmichael, CASA Executive Director; and Deena Betze, Esq., CASA Board of Trustees.
- CASA Receives Nonprofit Grant From Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce November 1, 2017 - The Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce awarded CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties a $10,000 grant for the fostering futures program to help youth on the pathway to adulthood and stability. Katherine Carmichael, Executive Director accepted the check at the monthly luncheon on November 2, 2017 from Kristin Apelget.
- Congratulations to CASA Volunteer Dean (Shawn) Hagemann, Winner Of The 2015 Cherish The Child Program Award! October 13, 2015 - Dean has been a CASA Volunteer since 2009, and is currently working on his 6th case. His enthusiasm and tireless efforts to make a better life for each child he has served make him a true gift to our program. Congratulations Dean, and thank you! To read more about Dean and his efforts, click here.
- CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties was featured on the front page of The Times of Trenton! February 10, 2014 - Check out the article here, featuring our incredible advocates William Dredge and Barbara Hairston, case supervisor Teri Triano-Davis, and Executive Director Lori Morris. Be sure to share the article with your friends and family to spread the CASA mission! CASA volunteers of Mercer County find stabilizing a child's life very rewarding
Earlier News Stories
A CASA Volunteer Helps Twins Find a Home
Burlington County Times
Business Spotlight: CASA for Children of Mercer and Burlington Counties
South Jersey Magazine